How to apply
Dates for 2018 – 2019
Dates for the 2018-19 programme are as follows:
- Session 1: 14-17 June 2018 (4 days)
- Session 2: 3-7 October 2018 (5 days)
- Session 3: 24-27 January 2019 (4 days)
- Session 4: 20-23 June 2019 (4 days)
The pre-requisite for applying
Before you join the PCC, you must complete a pre-requisite course which will introduce you to the foundations of our work. The most common way to fulfil this is the two-day Coaching to Excellence (CTE) course. It provides an important grounding in the foundations of integral development coaching. It also gives you an opportunity to get to know us and gives us an opportunity to know you.
We run pre-requisite courses regularly. If you cannot make any of the published dates before the PCC you intend to apply for, please talk to us.
We will ask your CTE course leader to endorse your application. You may apply for the PCC before completing the pre-requisite course, and this will provisionally hold a space in the course you choose; but we’ll wait until after you complete the pre-requisite to process your application.
To apply, follow these steps:
2. We will send you an invoice for your deposit of £500 which you can pay online, by cheque, or by direct bank transfer. We will return your deposit promptly if your application is not accepted.
3. We confirm acceptance on the programme (see below for how we do this) when we have received both your completed application and your deposit.
What you need to know about applying:
In order to hold a space for you in the Professional Coaching Course, we require that you complete an application including essays (why we ask for essays), a photograph (what kind of photo), and a non-refundable, non-transferable £500 deposit.
Before you apply, please review our cancellation policies, which take effect with the submission of your deposit.
We occasionally have scholarship opportunities for PCC. These funds are limited and are not available for every PCC. However, if you work in a not-for-profit organisation or another setting in which you are doing good work in the world, yet not earning enough to afford the full PCC tuition, you may be a candidate for a scholarship.
The fee for the Professional Coaching Course is £7995 + VAT (£9594 inc VAT).
We can offer a range of payment options – all the details are here.
How we respond to applications
The Professional Coaching Course leader reviews and accepts applications once we have received all written materials and your deposit, on a first-come, first-served basis. We select applicants whom we feel have the greatest chance of success in the programme and whom we consider likely to contribute to a developmental community. You will receive a response to your application within 10 days, often sooner.
When to submit your application
Sometimes the PCC can fill to capacity (20 students) months in advance. It is difficult to predict when any given course will fill. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as you are sure that you want to take the programme and are free for the dates of the class. You will have the best chance of admission into the group you want by submitting your application early.
Why we ask you to submit essays
Our intent in asking these questions is two-fold:
- To gain a better understanding of who you are (or, more accurately, your perspective of who you are) and your interest in participating in a rigorous programme that involves, among other things, attention to your own personal development.
- To invite you to begin the process of making assessments of your own competence in multiple streams of development.
The kind of photograph we are looking for
We ask for a digital headshot in JPEG format. It isn’t important that this photograph be a professional photo or the best one ever taken of you. What matters is that (a) it looks like you and (b) we can clearly see your face.
The only people who see your photograph are the course leaders and our staff. We use it to connect your face to your name, particularly when speaking with you by telephone.
Contact us to find out more
Drop us a line – we’ll gladly call you back to talk about any aspect of our programmes or our work with individuals and organisations.