Learn the principles of Integral Development Coaching
This programme, offered in partnership with New Ventures West, is designed for experienced professionals who are ready to add depth to their practice and a richer coaching structure to their client relationships. It will be led by James Flaherty, the founder of New Ventures West and originator of integral development coaching, and Justin Wise, founder of thirdspace coaching.
In this three-day programme you’ll gain a new appreciation for the full complexity of your clients’ lives using the three foundational models of our work:
- The Ten Ways (a developmental approach to coaching interventions)
- The Four Human Domains
- The Six Streams of Competence
These models – and the methodology that goes along with them – also have profound and pragmatic use in any kind of organisation development and consulting where the lasting development of people is important.
In addition, this course satisfies the prerequisite for joining the Professional Coaching Course and awards 24 ICF CCEUs (Continuing Coach Education Units).
About integral development coaching
Integral development coaching is intended to make a profound contribution to individuals, organisations and society. It supports coaches – and consultants who work with its principles – in becoming skilled at working with clients in a way which frees them up to bring their intentions into their work and wider life with dignity, humanity and skilfulness.
The approach supports their clients in ongoing inquiry and practice. It allows coaching to include everything about the client and the client’s world, including how they represent themselves, their social world, habits, relationship with the body, quality of self-care, the amount of attention and energy available to take on change, and much more. It draws on deep philosophical roots as well as biology, cognitive science, linguistics, psychology, spirituality and more, providing many avenues of insight and practice.
Who would benefit
- Experienced coaches
- Graduates of other coach training schools
- Managers and professionals with coaching experience
- Anyone interested in bringing more rigour and structure to their coaching
Hear a little about the methodology
James Flaherty describes the ‘integrating stream’ – one of the streams of competence addressed in our methodology in the Six Streams of Competence model:
Here James describes the distinctions between integral development coaching and other approaches to coaching:
Outcomes of the programme
While mastering integral development coaching takes time and practice, this three-day class will allow you to:
- Understand the stages of an integral development coaching programme
- Learn how to conduct a developmental intake session
- Design coaching conversations and deliver coaching programmes that offer powerful developmental possibilities for your clients
- Design customised practices and self-observation exercises
- Come away with your own self-development plan
- Monday 19th September – Wednesday 21st September 2016
- the course takes place in London from 9am to 6pm each day
- includes a copy of James Flaherty’s book, Coaching: Evoking Excellence in Others
- awards 24 ICF CCEUs (Continuing Coaching Education Units) 16 in ICF Core Competencies, 8 in Resource Development
- fee: £1500 + VAT, of which £100 is a non-refundable but transferable deposit
To sign up for this programme
for 19-21 September 2016 in London
Contact us to find out more
All of our contact details are here.
Drop us a line – we’ll gladly call you back to talk about any aspect of our programmes or our work with individuals and organisations.