Learn the foundations of integral development coaching
Integral development coaching supports coaches in becoming skilled at working with clients in a way which frees them up to bring their intentions into their work and wider life with dignity, humanity and skilfulness.
The approach supports their clients in ongoing inquiry and practice. It allows coaching to include everything about the client and the client’s world, including how they represent themselves, their social world, habits, relationship with the body, quality of self-care, the amount of attention and energy available to take on change, and much more. It draws on deep philosophical roots as well as biology, cognitive science, linguistics, psychology, spirituality and more, providing many avenues of insight and practice.
In the two-day Coaching to Excellence course, you gain an introduction to the principles and methods of coaching in this way, and hands-on experience that is applicable to the workplace and your broader life. Through structured exercises, demonstrations and practice, you explore what it takes to evoke long-term excellence in others.
The course, offered in partnership with New Ventures West, qualifies for 16 Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEUs) for ICF-accredited coaches.
Who would benefit
- anyone intrigued by the possibility of having a positive impact on others through coaching
- managers, human resource professionals and organizational development practitioners who are regularly called upon to solve problems that could be more effectively handled by developing others’ competence
- independent professionals and consultants interested in bringing greater skill to their one-on-one conversations with clients
- people considering applying to the Professional Coaching Course
What people say
“Coaching to Excellence was a significant and gently transformative experience for me. Such a beautiful course. I got a taste of what it is to be held in a carefully designed and robust structure, delivered and supported with such care, sensitivity and skill.” Amanda Maffett
“The two intense days of ‘Coaching to Excellence’ were probably the most poignant I’ve had in a while and certainly the most memorable. They stand out as an oasis of calm and order and sense for me in an otherwise busy, busy world. It’s so good to have been a part of something special and to be so deep in with people I’d never met before in such a short time. I know all of us were touched by your generosity of spirit and kindness; and this I’m sure circulated back to and fro amongst all of us. The skills you have woken in me now make me feel like a kid with a new toy, and I’m keen to practice with it.” Mark Leader, Executive Director
“As an experienced coach working in the corporate world, I was hugely impressed by the power and value of the Coaching to Excellence programme, as a complement to my other offerings. From the outset, Justin and Clare created trust and built credibility with real deftness and skill, role modelling great coaching and building strong relationships with the group to create a fantastic learning environment. I gained an enormous amount from this experience, which will stay with me and support me in work and beyond”. Debra W, Professional Coach
“Thank you for such a wonderful experience – I say in all honesty that I have never sat in a ‘classroom’ from 9am-6pm so fully engaged and disappointed when the end of the day came about! It was inspiring, buoying and engaging – amazing people and some fascinating tools.” Chloe Williams-Wynne, Coach
“I just wanted to express my wholehearted appreciation for the Coaching to Excellence course. It offered so much insight into making sustainable, long-term change possible for our coachees and rarely have I experienced such a deep connection with course-mates and trainers. It felt like learning by living.” Krisnah Poinasamy, Economic Justice Policy Adviser and Coach
“Thank you once again for a wonderful two days. I had high expectations and they were surpassed. I have learned a great deal about myself and about coaching and came away inspired. And the business is already benefitting.” Steve Hodges, MD at a global bank
“I have been profoundly affected by what I have discovered as a result of the course, and this is already starting to affect all aspects of my life. The word that comes to mind is ‘integrity’ – it is rare and precious to find an organisation and people within it with such palpable integrity, and I feel nourished and inspired as a result of it.” Tahera C, General Practitioner
“I found the experience insightful and inspiring. I left with a far deeper appreciation of what it takes to become a coach and an understanding about my ability to develop further in this area. I could not have asked for more.” Ken H, Head of Engagement, Energy Company
Outcomes of the course
Developing excellence as a coach takes time, study and practice. This foundation course will allow you to:
- understand the key stages in any coaching relationship and the skills needed to guide clients through them
- recognise when someone is open to coaching and how to enroll them in a coaching relationship
- observe and listen to others in a profound way by paying attention to their unique language, emotional mood, and way of interpreting the world
- assess your own competence as a coach and identify the next steps in your development
- open new possibilities for effective action in your work and life
This course satisfies the prerequisite for the Professional Coaching Course.
- the course takes place in central London from 9am to 6pm each day, and is led by members of the thirdspace faculty
- group sizes are purposefully small – we accept a maximum of 20 people for each programme
- cost: £600 + VAT of which £50 is a non-refundable but transferable deposit
To sign up for this programme
Contact us to find out more
Drop us a line – we’ll gladly call you back to talk about any aspect of our programmes or our work with individuals and organisations.
Shortlink to this page: http://wp.me/p2piym-4k